Thursday 15 December 2011

To walk on water you've got to sink in the ice

An oldie, but a goldie. This song is an absolute classic in my book.
For me it's a very powerful song on a personal level. I still remember the day I purchased the album The General Electric. It was the day I became obsessed with Shihad, an obsession which had me in the grips of fandom for the better part of ten years. They are still up there as one of my favourite bands even though I haven't really listened to them for a while. I have an autographed copy of this album that a good friend in high school had them sign for me for my eighteenth birthday. Possibly one of the most thoughtful gifts ever!

This is another of those songs that makes me feel like me again. It somehow reminds me who I am.
When I hear this, I need to get up and jump around the room like a maniac. Even better live!

Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment