Thursday 15 December 2011

It was just like the real ones that I saw when I was younger

Yet another song I shall never, ever tire of. It still has the same effect on the 200,000,000th listen as it did the very first time I heard it.

I'm not really a lyrics kind of girl but these stand up on their own.

"It's just another model
Built with plastic and with glue
But every day I go down to the airport
And I fly away from
I fly away from you
I fly away from you."

I've felt like that a million times.
I love the way Paul Dempsey has taken childhood imagination and utilised it to escape what he's alluding to as being a difficult, adult situation. How many times have you wished you could just grow wings and fly away from reality and those who are hurting you? Or even yourself?

Ah, I just love it. Still gives me shivers.




Oh and I got so excited before when I searched for this clip on youtube to embed here and lo and behold, someone had commented regarding the exact scene where this song was used in the Aussie teen TV series, Heartbreak High. Still one of my favourite TV shows of all time and a pivotal moment for the character Ryan Scheppers. Aaahhhh... So sentimental right now. So what if I was like, 12 when that storyline was airing?


Title lyrics taken from Something For Kate - Captain [At a Million Miles an Hour]

No comments:

Post a Comment