Tuesday 13 December 2011

All I hear are these clicking sounds, as they crawl inside my head

Things are looking up on this muggy Tuesday evening. I've been unable to shake a deep blue that rocked up on the weekend but at last it seems to be packing its bags.

I haven't been feeling right for the past few weeks whilst a few inner niggles come to light. These issues aren't the problem, they are symptoms that there is a problem. And it's something that I'm finally ready to deal with.

I'm actually also really struggling with the whole impending birthday thing. Moreso than ever before. When I think about it, my stomach cramps up and I become physically ill. Oh, my heavy heart. I just remind myself to breathe, that it will be okay. Deep down I know I'm being silly but it's a dreadful feeling clinging to everything around me right now. Surely it can't be that bad. It is not that bad. Just chill, Mel. Chill.

In other news:
+ Triple J Hottest 100 voting starts soon, yes yes!
+ I am seriously craving the company of those who know me best
+ The one thing I have the greatest desire to do at the moment which I simply am unable to is to get in the car and just DRIVE! Ohhh I how I long for that.
+ Chocolate seems to squash my stress levels faster than wine these days
+ I'm finding that I look forward to doing my biology study, I wish I could muster the same enthusiasm for maths!

I'll leave you with a song that has been stuck in my head this evening. There is a snippet of lyric (that probably needs to be removed from the song in order to gain the context within which I am using it) that comes into my head when I feel as though I'm recovering from a bout of overall shittiness and beginning to feel like my perky, fabulous self again... Woohoo!

"All colours rushing back, restoring frail life"




Title lyrics taken from Armand Van Helden - Little Black Spiders


No comments:

Post a Comment