Wednesday 21 December 2011

A little more, let's make this even

It pains me that a lot of people don't know about Minus the Bear.

I am myself lucky to have found them. A self-confessed J nerd, we all know it, I pick up most of my stuff from my favourite radio station. It's no secret. But I am not fooled, I still know that at the end of the day, any type of mainstream media (yes, even Triple J) is at the mercy of the commercial machine. Because at the end of the day, it's all business.

I'm pretty sure they're actually quite a big band in the states and quite well-known in the indie scene here as far as I'm aware. Anyway, I've loved them for a few years now and this song in my opinion, is one of their best moments.

Lyrically, this song makes so much sense. Just your average give-take, push-shove relationship scenario. This song taught me the term "usury". Cheers, guys!

It's just. That good.




Title lyrics taken from Minus the Bear - Knights

No comments:

Post a Comment