Thursday 29 December 2011

I lean against the wind, pretent that I am weightless

Today was one of those days, when everything is bright and sparkly and new. When you feel on top of the world for no tangible reason whatsoever. I can't say that these days are a rarity for me by any means but today stood out on its own somehow.

I have that feeling again. The one where I'm standing out on a plain all by myself, embracing the fresh breeze as the storm comes in. It always means a change is happening. Sometimes this change is the subtlest shift on a profound level that no one else can notice but me. I love this. It's a personal thing that cannot quite be described.

I guess it feels a little like this:




I made someone's day today - just by being myself. Cheerful and polite, and maybe a little bit cheeky. It's nice. Also, to be stopped by someone whom you don't often interact with in real life who wants to thank you for your daily online positivity? It makes it all feel worth it. Sometimes wearing that smile may feel like a little effort for some, but treat it like getting dressed. Something you shouldn't feel comfortable leaving the house without first doing so.


Title lyrics taken from Incubus - Wish You Were Here


 

1 comment:

  1. You know I can totally relate to this feeling. Its very rare but great at the same time. This was a really good post. Thanks for posting it and sharing it with others.

    ReplyDelete