Tuesday 10 January 2012

Wanted: Free return flight to California and complimentary Coachella pass!

So I woke up to some great news in the music world this morning, yes, word on the street is that At The Drive In have reformed. The other word on the street is that Refused have also reformed. Both acts are big names on the Coachella lineup which was also released overnight. Both acts also each released an album that has been hailed as one of the most influential of its time. I am a huge fan of these two records, but particularly of Relationship Of Command. Listening to it takes me back to a time when music reigned over my life. I am back in high school, back in my old bedroom on Walker St with the stereo I'd bought with my own money and was somehow allowed to play at a ridiculous volume for a sixteen year old still living at home. I went on to learn that in the real world, no one plays their music that loud, unless you want the cops on your doorstep.

When I first purchased Relationship Of Command, I didn't quite understand it. A few listens in however and it became one of the best purchases I had ever made of the plastic disc variety.

This particular song I am is my favourite off the album. The massive ending just blows me away every time I hear it.





And everyone knows the story about Refused's The Shape of Punk to Come, how they were scoffed at for releasing a title so conceited. Critics quickly ate their words. Refused are fucking dead? Apparently not! Bring it!

Oh and the Shins are playing Coachella too. Anyone want to place a wager on whether they'll be one of the headliners at Splendour? I hope so. Side show please!

No comments:

Post a Comment