Tuesday 17 July 2012

You can love or hate, it won't change a thing for us

Between the Buried and Me's album Colors is a progressive metal masterpiece. This song is a standout amongst standouts and my absolute personal favourite of the genre. The word "epic" is well overused but in this case, perfectly just.

I still recall my brother giving me a copy of this album, and he'd earlier forced me to listen to their previous offering Alaska. In typical Mel fashion, their true appeal fell on deaf ears until some time later. Same old song, maybe I'm just supposed to discover amazing music at a time right for me, which was on the money in this instance. Anyway... I dare you to sit through this near fifteen minutes of awesome, because if you can it might just blow your brains out!

No comments:

Post a Comment