Friday 7 October 2011

Feed the fire, break your vision, throw your fists up, come on with me!

I went to Parklife and despite having an awesome weekend, I am disappointed to report that after all the buildup and countdown, it was somewhat anti-climatic. The day and I just got off on the wrong foot to start with - yep, another festival, another hangover. Why do I continue to do this to myself? I should know better. As a result of my untimely lack of foresight, I ended up spending the day with my cranky pants on and I just couldn't shake my foul mood! This wasn't helped when I lost my friends and instead of just enjoying great music, I felt really panicky and sad and left out. My ill-feeling dissipated once I managed to locate familiar faces but I was just not in the festival mode. I had a moment when I thought that time had at last come when perhaps I may be over festivals??

Um, how about:
Hell to the no!
You wish, bank account!

Especially now the Soundwave lineup was announced today - it happens to be that ridiculous that I don't even know where to begin. Get a load of this:


In the real world, I cannot physically and financially afford to hit the festival circuit that I am currently scheming in my head however where there is a will, there is a way. Right?? Stereosonic, Summafieldayze, Big Day Out, Soundwave, Future...
I am just not growing out of this!


(Title lyrics taken from Pendulum - Watercolour)

No comments:

Post a Comment