Sunday 7 January 2018

Sola

I am so greedy with my time, so selfish. I am languishing in a hammock enjoying a beer and a book, looking to the blue sky thinking that I have had a perfect day. To realise that I have spent it all on my own, my way. Yes, I have interacted with others but most of it impromptu and all of it on my terms. And I wonder if I have always been this insular and only now have the opportunity to truly enjoy it. I worry that I have been spoiled with too much time alone and that I may have difficulty should I have to share again. But I love it, I love it so much. And it takes me back to Argentina and the peculiar notion that I felt the urge to have a “me day” at the end of a three week solo holiday - could you be more self-indulgent? This is okay, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment