Saturday 11 January 2014

Fleetwood

Well guess what. I still shower daily, wash my hair more frequently than I did back home and yes, I have shaved my legs every week since I have been on the road. I brought my favourite jeans and my hair straightener along for the ride and I did not purchase any ridiculous zip-off pants or succumb to tie-died Ali Babas! It's challenging living out of a backpack, when it is cold I get to layer everything I own which is novel but somewhat unstylish. A lukewarm shower is an amazing feat of Indian modernity, however I bemoan the constantly wet floor more than the shivering scrub-downs squatting under a tap. The beds are persistently hard and the pillows offer no relief, strangely slumber comes best from the clickety-clack of a sleeper train. When food tastes this good, brace yourself - you are liable to shed the extra pounds as quickly as you gained them.

As you might deduce, travel is an exciting, though not particularly glamorous affair. This does not mean that one has to give in to "backpacker fashion" and follow all those silly rules. Minimalist pack if you wish, but remember that you might like to live a little. Go your own way.



No comments:

Post a Comment