Thursday 24 November 2011

Martha Stewart Moment?

I'm not sure if I've posted before about my lack of cooking expertise that is sometimes smashed aside by an over-zealous enthusiasm as I attempt to whip up a little something-something? Usually to prove something-something? Well last night I had one of these moments. Girl can't even boil an egg (I seriously don't know how!), so what possessed her to believe she could fold eggwhites quickly with a light hand and make a mean macaroon? What's next, Croquembouche? Doubt it.

Here is some photographic evidence of yours truly attempting to make macaroons on a humid Queensland night:







Who doesn't like to cook in their pyjamas? I get super-stressed in the kitchen (most probably due to my insecurity about my lack of ability) so I figured comfort to be paramount! At this stage I'd already deduced that the blobs were too big and we weren't going to achieve anything near perfection. Shrug.







Cooling the shells. Flat and footless. Not beating myself up.







Finished product, yum! Best thing about macaroons? Even if they don't look the part - they still taste legit. Accounting for all factors, I think I did okay when you keep in mind - girl can't even boil an egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment