Tuesday 12 July 2011

Triple J Hottest 100 Australian Albums of All Time

One of the things that makes me feel all patriotic is any Triple J Countdown and even moreso when it's all about Australian music. If I had to choose one country only to listen to their stuff, I'd choose the land downunder for sure. And I'm not being biased - promise!

I loved listening to the Hottest 100 Australian Albums of All Time. I felt so excited and proud when Silverchair's Frogstomp was awarded second place. And although I do agree that Powderfinger's Odyssey Number Five was a well-deserved number one, I would have switched them around if it was up to me. I thought Frogstomp was going to get the top spot for sure.

I wanted to be in the front courtyard at Edward Street with Nicole, Mitch, and Jas (before awkward tension between the trio) and anyone else who could truly appreciate the moment for the opening notes of "Waiting for the Sun" and to be able to sing along uproariously to "My Happiness". Yes, I know I just said I wanted/thought Frogstomp would be number one, but Odyssey really is a true masterpiece. (Oh yeah, I secretly thought Internationalist would chart higher too).

Such a great countdown and it's making me revisit a lot of stuff from my highschool music heyday when my CD collection was my everything. So many amazing albums!




No comments:

Post a Comment